1. About us
The term ‘Facemud Skincare’, ‘Marili Skincare’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is:
15 Church Street,
Our company registration number is 08111654 and place of registration is Companies House, Cardiff. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
2. Information that we collect from you
When you contact us or visit our site we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site or when you contribute, or upload any information, to our site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, posting material, information collected by cookies requesting further services or contacting us (for example, through the “Contact” section of the site). We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- We may collate any information about you which is provided to us in respect of any of our well-known brands.
If you provide us with information about another person, you confirm that they have appointed you to act for them and that they have consented to the processing of their personal data by us in the manner set out in this policy.
3. IP Addresses
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information within Marili Skincare and to selected third parties. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
We may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are down loaded to your device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises that. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests;
- speed up your searches; and
- recognise you when you return to our site.
You may at any time delete these cookies from your computer or adjust your browser settings to reject or disable cookies. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our site. Unless you have adjusted your browser settings to reject cookies, our system may issue cookies when you log on to our site.
What types of cookies are there and what do they do?
Before we explain what cookies are we need to explain what a few commonly used terms mean:
- Affiliate – an affiliate is a website operator who can send traffic to a website using links from another website. The affiliate may be paid an agreed commission from the referral.
- First and third-party cookies – whether a cookie is ‘first’ or ‘third’ party refers to the domain placing the cookie.
- First-party cookies are those set by a website that is being visited by the user at the time – the website displayed in the URL window.
- Third-party cookies are cookies that are set by a domain other than that of the website being visited by the user. If a user visits a website and another entity sets a cookie through that website this would be a third-party cookie.
- Persistent cookies – these cookies remain on a user’s device for the period of time specified in the cookie. They are activated each time that the user visits the website that created that particular cookie.
- Session cookies – these cookies allow website operators to link the actions of a user during a browser session. A browser session starts when a user opens the browser window and finishes when they close the browser window. Session cookies are created temporarily. Once you close the browser, all session cookies are deleted
The Marili Skincare website uses the following cookies:
Category 1: strictly necessary cookies
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around our site and use its features.
Generally these cookies will be essential first-party session cookies, and if persistent or third party, there should be a good justification for this. Strictly necessary cookies will generally be used to store a unique identifier to manage and identify the user as unique to other users currently viewing the website, in order to provide a consistent and accurate service to the user. Examples include:
- remembering previous actions (e.g. entered text) when navigating back to a page in the same session;
- managing and passing security tokens to different services within a website to identify the visitor’s status (e.g. logged in or not);
- to maintain tokens for the implementation of secure areas of the website;
- to route customers to specific versions/applications of a service, such as might be used during a technical migration.
These cookies will not be used:
- to gather information that could be used for marketing to the user;
- to remember customer preferences or user ID’s outside a single session (unless the user has requested this function).
Category 2: performance cookies
These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website for instance which pages visitors go to most often and as a result we may try to provide users with more of that sort of information. By using our site or our online services, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.
These cookies can be first or third party, session or persistent cookies. To fall within this category their usage should be limited to performance and website improvement. Examples include:
- Web analytics – where the data collected is limited to the website operator’s use only, for managing the performance and design of the website. These cookies can be third-party cookies but the information must be for the exclusive use of the publisher of the website visited. This is the type of cookie that you are most likely to be asked to accept before using a Marili Skincare website.
- Ad response rates – where the data is used exclusively for calculating response rates (click-through rates) to improve the effectiveness of advertising purchased on a website external to the destination website.
- Affiliate tracking – where the cookie is used to let affiliates know that a visitor to a website visited a partner website some time later and if that visit resulted in the use or purchase of a product or service, including details of the product and service purchased. Affiliate tracking cookies allow the affiliate to improve the effectiveness of their website.
- Error management – Measuring errors presented on a website, typically this will be to support service improvement or complaint management and will generally be closely linked with web analytics.
- Testing designs – Testing variations of design, typically using A/B or multivariate testing, to ensure a consistent look and feel is maintained for the user of the website in the current and subsequent sessions.
You can, should you choose, disable the cookies from your browser and delete all cookies currently stored on your computer. You can find out how to do this from your particular browser by clicking ‘help’ on your browser’s menu.
Alternatively, you may wish to visit www.aboutcookies.org which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of browsers. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer as well as more general information about cookies. For information on how to do this on the browser of your mobile phone you will need to refer to your handset manual.
5. Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the management of our ranking systems, the analysis of aggregated data and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this policy.
All information you provide to us is stored on our, or our supplier’s, secure servers.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
6. Uses made of the information
We will also use information held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to monitor your use of the site;
- to aggregate statistics about users, traffic patterns and related site information in an anonymous form; and
- to notify you about changes to our service and our site.
When you provide us with information regarding another individual, such as when you request that we send someone information from our site, we will only send that individual the information that you specifically requested that we send. We will not send them additional communications based on you providing us with their information.
7. Disclosure of your information
The information you provide to us may be given to the staff working within Marili Skincare and third parties who act for us for the purposes set out in this policy or for other purposes approved by you who provide adequate protection for such information. Those third parties process information and provide services on our behalf.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1162 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- to carry out the uses of your information set out above on our behalf. We shall ensure that such parties keep your information confidential and do not use your information for any purpose other than permitted under this policy;
- if Marili Skincare or all or a substantial part of its assets (for example, one or more of its brands) are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its users and customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
8. Your Rights
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
9. Access to information
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you and to request that we correct any errors in your personal information. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. Also, you may request that we do not use your personal information. Should you wish to exercise these rights please complete our Contact form.
Any changes to this policy will be posted to our site.
11. How to contact us
All comments and queries on requests relating to the use of your information are welcomed and should be directed to Customer Services via our contact form